A writer’s life
Fill in this passage with a or an or the or some or nothing.
As a writer, I seem to spend 0 most of the time working at 0 home in an office, sitting in 0 front of a typewriter. In fact,the only people I see regularly are 0 members of my family and it is difficult to keep in 0 touch with some friends I made at 0 school. I’m always getting 0 letters and 0 phone calls from the people at publisher’s, though, and I do try to go out of the house at least once a day. And from 0 time to time I give lectures or take part in 0 courses at some conferences or at 0 schools in the UK or 0 abroad and this helps to prevent me feeling too isolated. I also get 0 reports back from some schools where the material I’ve written is being tried out, and this kind of 0 feedback is very useful. Still, it seems to me that while I’m still busy and continue to make a living, I should go on writing 0 books. But as soon as 0 ideas seem to be drying up or start suffering from 0 loneliness, I’ll give up 0 writing and get back into the classroom and meet 0 students again
Write a, an or some in the gaps.
- I bought some new furniture.
- He asked the receptionist for some information.
- He ate a slice of bread.
- Can you sell me some equipment?
- I ate some cheese late last night.
- Everybody should have a good education.
- He ate some spaghetti for dinner.
- The teacher gave us some difficult homework.
- Please, give me some advice.
- I gave my friend a bar of chocolate.