Turn the following into inverted sentences.
1.The matter could be explained in no other way.
2.We had hardly started when it began to rain.
3.I have seldom heard such beautiful singing.
4.I shall never forget your kindness.
5.I saw only then the danger we were in.
6.We had no sooner left the house than it exploded.
7.He didn’t realize that he had lost the key till he got home.
8.They not only robbed you, they smashed everything.
9.Half a dozen apples fell down.
10.If an emergency should arise, dial 999.
11.If Rex were a little more hardworking, he would not have failed.
12.If Mr Chan had been kinder to his employees, his business would not have collapsed.
1. In no other way could the matter be explained.
2. Hardly had we started when it began to rain.
3. Seldom have I heard such beautiful singing.
4. Never shall I forget your kindness.
5. Only then did I see the danger we were in.
6. No sooner had we left the house than it exploded.
7. Not till he got home did he realize that he had lost the key.
8. Not only did they rob you, they smashed everything.
9. Down fell half a dozen apples.
10. Should an emergency arise, dial 999.
11. Were Rex a little more hardworking, he would not have failed.
12. Had Mr Chan been kinder to his employees, his business would not have collapsed.